Yossef Mendelssohn wrote:
> On Jul 18, 5:27 pm, Tim Hunter <TimHun... / nc.rr.com> wrote:
>> _The Ruby Programming Language_ specifically says that text can follow
>> =begin and =end as long as it's separated by at least one blank, and
>> shows an example of both =begin and =end statements will additional text
>> on the same line. The text is treated as part of the comment.
>
> This appears to be an answer to the question possibly posed by
> willfully ignoring everything following the first paragraph of the
> post, including the code example.
>
> --
> -yossef

The OP says "What text, if any, is allowed on the the line after the
=begin and =end delimiters of block comments?," and "I've never seen
anything that requires Ruby to accept or reject =end Text delimiters on
block comments." My response was a quote from an authoritative
reference. Based on the lack of follow-up I assumed my response was
adequate.

Perhaps I was wrong. What do you think the OP was asking? What's your
answer to his question?

--
MagickWand for Ruby - http://magickwand.rubyforge.org/