Hello,

I am trying to add a singleton method to some FalseClass objects in my
application so that I can do:

f_object == 'false' # => true

For example, I did:

f_object = false
def f_object.==(other)
	self.to_s == other.to_s
end

However, after doing this I am getting coredumps when accessing
completely different FalseClass objects (without the singleton methods).

Is adding methods to FalseClass objects not allowed (or known to cause
breakage)?

In case anyone is interested, I'm trying to convert boolean database
values (stored as the strings 'true' and 'false') to some kind of Ruby
object which allows for the following:
	1) Allows for the testing of true/false behavior.
	2) Doesn't surprise an application which expects access to the raw
string.  Thus the singleton method for '==' above.

If someone has a better idea for solving the above problem, I'd be happy
to hear from you.

Thank you,
-Brad

(Please cc me as I'm not subscribed to the list.)