"Hal E. Fulton" wrote:
> If you know of errors that are not on the list below,
> please let me know.

Not sure if these are actual errors, but after scratching my head
halfway thru my scalp, I'm none the wiser.

_____
* p52
"Because unless is the opposite of if, the else clause
 will be executed if the condition is false."

I thought it was the opposite:
  unless false then "THEN" else "ELSE" end  #=> "THEN"

______
* s140
"The method length [...] the number of elements in an array.
 Note that this is one less than the index of the last item:"

Isn't it the opposite?
  a = ["first", "second", "last" ]
  a.size            #=> 3
  a.index("last")   #=> 2

If these aren't errors, I hope someone can plaster the hole in my head
that is leaking. :-)

Unfortunately, I haven't gotten much farther than this yet. I'll keep my
eyes open for other compile errors in my head as I read along. (What
I've read so far is quite excellent!)

P.S.: If Sams takes forever to get up somewhere to enter errata and
such, how about a temporary spot on the Wiki pages on RubyGarden? (If
its still up that is, I can't reach it right now)

--
<[ Kent Dahl ]>================<[ http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~kentda/ ]>
  )__(stud.techn.;  ind. econ & management: computer technology)__(