--qMm9M+Fa2AknHoGS

Sorry about coming late to this discussion, but I've had these marked
as new in my inbox for too long waiting to respond to them.

> ruby-tmpl (http://ruby-tmpl.sourceforge.net/):
>   - The author appears to have reasonable knowledge of XML and has a good
>     sense of humor.
>   - I can't figure out how to output complex data structures like Arrays.

This sparked a really nifty idea: being able to map instances 1:1 to a
format.  Try this on for size inside of a .tmpl file:

<?tmpl.obj name=3D"obj_symbol" ?>

If obj_symbol is an array, then ruby-tmpl would search through it's
definitions and would produce some output based on the obj_symbol's
class.  Using the tag above, let's say that obj_symbol is an array,
with the appropriate definition file, it'd turn the above tag into a
1xN table.  I'll let the author of the output definition be able to
query the parameters too, that way the following is possible:

<?tmpl.obj name=3D"gem_stones" title=3D"Gemstones of the World" url=3D"/uga=
/booga/" ?>

The title and url attributes would be used by the Array class
definition.  I think I'll alias name, symbol, sym, and obj together
and will also have the optional parameter 'class' that way you can
explicitly specify the class to use (inheritance could make the
auto-detection fail).  Sweet, cool idea Paul, much thanks.  -sc

--=20
Sean Chittenden

--qMm9M+Fa2AknHoGS

--qMm9M+Fa2AknHoGS--