On 7/18/09, Roger Pack <rogerpack2005 / gmail.com> wrote:
> Please to announce the release of remembered_evals 0.0.4
> Wasn't sure if anything like it existed, so wrote this gem.
>
> remembered_evals:
>
> A library to make debugging eval'ed code possible.
>
> This library monkey patches Kernel.*eval to save eval'ed code to a cache
> file before evaluating it

I've used this same trick myself several times to be able to debug
eval'd code. A library for it is nice. Let me make a suggestion, tho.
You ought to name the method something other than eval, since your new
implementation (unavoidably) changes the semantics of a
well-established and much used builtin method. How about
debuggable_eval? Some kind of switch to have it fall back to the plain
vanilla eval for production mode might be nice too.