* Joakim Andersson (tyrak / borgship.net) wrote:

> The current patch has some minor issues that I'm working on, I
> corrected one thing today, but the big issue right now is to make each
> "alias" execute in its own context. And I'm having some problems doing
> that with Ruby from C, for details see my post earlier today with the
> subject "Problems with Ruby in C" some help with that would be really
> appreciated.

What about things like event handling?  Do we have to call the ruby
aliases from the standard scripts for those?

Do things like require work as expected?  I don't wanna write some stuff
using it only to find it leaks like mad or something :)

freaky   31255  0.0  0.4  2408 1536  p1  SNs+ 13Jan02   8:53.55 epic
(epic-EPIC4-1.0.1)

<wonders how stable epic CVS is>

I would push to get Ruby adopted for a few apps I'm involved in, but
Ruby being GPL (*spit*) will probably make this pretty much a no-go
area, especially since Ruby isn't exactly the most well established
language :(

Matz, fancy re-licensing Ruby for us in exchange for a keyfile or two?
(no, it's not a big company :)

--
Thomas 'Freaky' Hurst  -  freaky / aagh.net  -  http://www.aagh.net/
-