Sean Russell wrote:

> I define of FUD as misinformation disguised as fact.  Opinion is another
> matter.  If Bill Gates says he hates Linux because it is hard to use,
> that's opinion.  Paying a company to "produce" statistics that you define
> and then offering that information as proof -- that's FUD.

That's spoofing/forgery.

Doesn't FUD stand for "fear, uncertainty, and doubt"?

So for example, people flaming/discrediting technology because they are
intimidated by it's complexity, and because they didn't check the facts,
   are FUDing. Sometimes, wrong facts, false ssumptions, and halftruths
are spread in addition.

(I don't think either of you are FUDing, but more emphasis on exchange
of information could still help :) )

Tobi

--

* peace&love.