On Jul 15, 2009, at 6:29 PM, Joel VanderWerf wrote:

> Any plans to support some of the extensions that maruku supports,
> like tables and footnotes? Or does it already?

I plan to support any of the extensions that the author of Discount
(on which BlueCloth 2 is based) supports (http://www.pell.portland.or.us/~orc/Code/markdown/#Language+extensions
), which don't (currently) include those two, but do include a few
other "Markdown Extra" features.

I personally agree with the author of Markdown that anything more than
basic Markdown is diverging from the whole point of it: that you
shouldn't have to remember to do anything different than you'd do when
writing an email to generate HTML that looks okay and is valid. If I
want tables and element IDs and definition lists, I use Textile.

That said, if anyone is motivated enough to send me a patch that adds
any of the Markdown Extra stuff, provided it (a) isn't enabled
if :strict_mode is true, (b) includes tests, and (c) doesn't make
keeping up with Discount updates a pain in the ass, I'll apply it.

--
Michael Granger <ged / FaerieMUD.org>
Rubymage, Architect, Believer