> after reading the online chapter of the Ruby Developer Guide I decided
> to buy the book. Some lines made me believe there'd be a CD coming with
> the book. (p.99 "The source code appears on the CD accompanying this
> book,...")
>
> But there's no such thing as a CD coming with the book?
>
> Never mind, the code is available online at Syngress' (after you'd
> registered the book).

I know that they had originally planned to include a CD with the book but
changed their minds closer to publication. I also noticed that several
chapters made reference to the non-existent CD. It should be true, however,
that the needed files are available for download from the publisher's web
site.

> Ruby is not bound to a specific platform, so I think Syngress should be
> aware that some other form for the download files might be a _lot_ more
> appropriate.

I'll send an e-mail to our editors at Syngress to see if there's anything
that can be done. (Michael has probably also done the same.)