Hello everyone,

I have a bit of an issue that I'm trying to work through pertaining to
opening an excel file I want to open using ruby.  I tried looking in
google and all sorts of places but all I could really find is how to
open a new file of Excel.  This I can do no problem, however I am unable
to open an existing file.

I am currently using:

Mac OS X v 10.4.11 PowerPC G4.
Ruby v1.8.6
Rubygems v1.3.4

On the mac my beginning code looks like this

#!/usr/local/bin/env ruby

require 'rubygems'
require 'appscript'

#This script retrieves the data from excel and puts it into arrays
class Test_arraydata

def EXTCOdata(*arrays listed here, removed for security purposes)
  begin

  #opens excel
  $excel=Appscript.app('Microsoft Excel')
  workbook=$excel.activate('\Automation\Safari\<Data location>')

If anyone could help me out with this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.