In article <a4p51h$gs2$1 / helle.btinternet.com>,
Tom Corcoran <tomnospamcorcoran / email.com> wrote:
>I am currently reading the pragmatic programmers book, seems like an
>exciting language. As a Delphi lover I am wondering how GUI development will
>compare when I get stuck into Ruby. I am looking for an XML DBMS that I can
>use with Ruby. I'd like it to be a true xml dbms not a relational add-on,
>ideally open source. I have looked at the native Java
>http://www.ozone-db.org/ozone_main.html Has anyone experience using an XML
>DBMS with Ruby?
>
>Cheers - Tom

I have to admit, I'm not sure what an XML DBMS is (a DBMS that uses XML as
it's internal inforation representation format?).

Maybe this isn't what you're looking for, but Mnemonic is said to provide
DBMS functionality but without a DBMS.  It's said to be faster and easier
to use than a DBMS as well and to top it off it's all Ruby.  See:

http://www.papermountain.org/twiki/bin/view/Stuff/MnemonicHome

Perhaps it would work for you in conjuction with some of the Ruby XML
modules.

Phil