Eric Hodel wrote:
> On Jul 7, 2009, at 04:05, Bjoern wrote:
>
>> Also James from ruby-doc explained to me another issue with rdoc not
>> handling re-openings of classes well (such as YAML adding methods to
>> String if YAML is required). Any workarounds for that?
>
> RDoc itself handles this just fine,

Depends on what is meant by "fine."

Here's the rdoc behavior for 1.8.6: Running rdoc over the entire ruby
source tree gives you docs that claim  String and Array, for example,
have a method named 'to_yaml', because the yaml code reopens those
classes.  But rdoc pages do not indicate where that comes from, or under
what circumstances it exists.

--
James Britt

www.neurogami.com            - Smart application development