Greg Willits wrote:
> Randy General wrote:
>> I've been working on a query app for Battlefield 2142 servers, and the
>> following app always fails on some IPs in Windows:
>
> Sounds suspiciously like a networking issue -- firewall, port conflict,
> something of that nature where the machines that fail, have different
> settings or environment. Maybe the internal software firewall of those
> machines?
>
> -- gw

Hi Greg,
Thanks for responding.

The systems I tried were all on separate networks, two of them were on
residential ISP networks (but different networks) and the last one was
in a data centre. I don't believe there's any software firewalls on the
machines that would block it, and the mac that was able to connect was
behind the same network as one of those Windows machines that could not
connect.

To add something even more peculiar, I have another app that sends out
the exact same packets to 2142 servers (a windows based app coded in
C++) and it has no problem receiving a response.