Dimas Cyriaco wrote:
> I'm using windows.
> I manage to get the printer`s name using wxruby's PrintDialog, and tried
> to redirect $stdout to it, but it doesn't work...

So how did you attempt to redirect $stdout to it? From within Ruby?
(Show the code) From a batch file which runs your Ruby script? (Show the
code)

> In fact i'm trying to print a report made using Ruport.

It's a long time since I fought with Ruport and its awful API, but I did
document what I found out on the Wiki. Here it is:

http://stonecode.svnrepository.com/ruport/trac.cgi/wiki/DimwitsGuide

If Ruport currently returns the report to you as a string, then just:

  report = .... do something with Ruport ...
  File.open("out.txt","w") { |f| f.write(report) }

But it should be possible to tell it to write directly to a file, by
passing :io as an option to the relevant rendering call. Something like
this:

   ro = { .. rendering options .. }
   fmt = :html
   File.open("out.txt", "w") { |f| report.as(fmt, {:io=>f}.merge(ro)) }

HTH,

Brian.