David Alan Black wrote:

> You could put a hook into Marshal::dump, and flag the objects you
> wanted to receive special treatment.  Adapting an idea from Dave
> Thomas, in the recent respond_to? thread:

Aha! Of course. The special objects are those which include a certain
module, so the check is just 'obj.type < M'.

Somehow, after more than a year of Ruby, it still doesn't occur to me to
modify existing methods of built-in classes. It's great that you can get
around a problem in this way, though it is a bit hacky. I'd really like
to just call super in my _dump method.

Thanks!

--
Joel VanderWerf                          California PATH, UC Berkeley
mailto:vjoel / path.berkeley.edu                     Ph. (510) 231-9446