Hi all,

after reading the online chapter of the Ruby Developer Guide I decided
to buy the book. Some lines made me believe there'd be a CD coming with
the book. (p.99 "The source code appears on the CD accompanying this
book,...")

But there's no such thing as a CD coming with the book?

Never mind, the code is available online at Syngress' (after you'd
registered the book).

However (Tobi already mentioned part of this already), there's something
strange about the "Download HTML book":

- The download file is an exe file - useful for Win users, but not for
others I think

- The exe doesn't execute appropriately on my machine: The whole
procedure ends in a message box:
  "Error 1606.Could not access network location ...\."

  I then unpacked the whole stuff to find the book as a PDF file...
Amazing!
  Not quite a HTML, but having the choice I'd prefer PDF anyway...

  If only I could find out what the other 3.1 MB are about? (It's an MSI
file and some more EXEs...)

Ruby is not bound to a specific platform, so I think Syngress should be
aware that some other form for the download files might be a _lot_ more
appropriate.

However, thank you Michael, Robert, Lyle and all other co-authors for
another great book about Ruby! I'll sure have a great time reading it!

Happy rubying

Stephan