On Jul 4, 9:25=A0am, Aaron Patterson <aa... / tenderlovemaking.com> wrote:
> Make sure to read the section under INSTALL:
>
> =A0http://github.com/tenderlove/nfc/tree/master
>
> You need to have libnfc installed, and make sure that the dylib (or so)
> is in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Aaron:
Thanks for the reply. That gave me enough to get there.

I document the solution for anyone coming along looking for it:

MacOS uses a different environment setting from LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
Instead it uses DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH. (Try 'man dyld' at the command line
to learn more about this.)

To enable the nfc gem to find libnfc, you must 'export
DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=3D/path/to/libnfc-1.1.0:$DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH'

That makes it work for a given Terminal session. You can add the same
command to your ~/.profile file.

Thanks both to you and Ryan for the quick replies.

Aaron: mail me at ted /at/ touchatag so I can send you a thank you
gift.

--Ted