Thomas Hurst wrote:

> Well, actually, having said that, I do use XP's anti-aliasing, but it's
> very subtle; what I *really* mean is most antialiasing implimentations
> I've seen have been more blurry than anything.  Depends heavily on the
> environment, though; certainly what's right for an LCD or ultra-high res
> isn't going to be right for a CRT and lower res.

<nod>  Yes, definately.  AA on lower res screens or smaller font sizes is
not good.  I don't like AA in a terminal, but I really like it on the
desktop, or when I'm actually *reading* text, like in an email.

> You can turn it off in Opera 6; it then turns into a Mozilla-alike,
> with tabs being available as a non-default alternative to opening a new
> window.  Well, in Opera 6 it does.

Does Opera on Windows use QT?  It does on Linux, and I /believe/ QT allows
MDI to be toggle-able.

>> You can do this in Konqueror, which also provides anti-aliased fonts
>> (configurable) and -- thankfully -- no MDI ;-)
>
> Great.  Does it work without MAX_INT external libraries too? :)

I have no idea.  Whazza MAX_INT external library? :-)

--
 |..  "Even the Mongols rejected Communism... are we more dumb?"
<|>   --- Russian newspaper headline supporting Yeltzin's 1996 campaign
/|\
/|