golfdude wrote:
> I have ruby 1.8.6 installed on windows. I want to view the doc
> offline. I downloaded from ruby-docs.org a .tgz file which when
> extracted was a 6-core-rdocs file.

> Not sure what to do with this.

It's old. :(

I need to get a recent copy up on the site.

?  When
> I run "gem server" and access the page i do not see the "core" and
> "stdlib" documentation. How do I get these documentations ?

You can run the rdoc command over the Ruby source files (in some place
such as C:\Ruby\src\ruby-1.8.6-p287 or whatever it is on your machine).

Open a  command prompt (i.e., a DOS shell), get to the C drive (or
whatever drive has the Ruby source), and change to where those source
files are.

Then run rdoc.

For example

c:\> cd C:\Ruby\src\ruby-1.8.6-p287
C:\Ruby\src\ruby-1.8.6-p287\> rdoc

If it complains about the output directory, you can pass in a name:

C:\Ruby\src\ruby-1.8.6-p287\>  rdoc --op rdocs

--
James Britt

www.neurogami.com            - Smart application development