Well I'm just as excited as a little kid at Christmas!

After calling my local Border's bookstore and discovering that they had
both _The Ruby Way_ and _The Ruby Developer's Guide_ in stock, I asked
them to set them aside for me and -- by the way -- how much do they cost?

$40 and $50 US, respectively.  Well, with tax that's roughly $96 US and
while I had the means to do this, I wasn't too keen on spending @$100 on
books.

Thanking the bookstore clerk for his time, I hung up and zipped on over
to amazon.com just to see if the books were available now.  As it turns
out, they're both described as shipping within 24 hours and both were
discounted from the publisher's price by what I consider a significant
amount.

With 3-7 business day Priority shipping (which cost me $4.58 US), the
cost for both books was only $67 and change.  Wow, was I jazzed to have
saved almost $30 US just by agreeing to wait 3-7 business days!

Sure, I've got to wait, but in my particular situation, I'm willing to do
that.  So for anyone who may have the inclination to wait, you can save
yourself a bunch of money by ordering online.

Of course if you've got the $ and absolutely cannot wait to get your
hands on these books, feel free to walk into your nearest mega-bookstore
and plunk down the full cover price.

Just wanted to share what, for me, feels like a wonderful deal!

Richard
--
Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea,
   never regains its original dimensions."