Robert Klemme wrote:
> I don't have anything to add to Joel's excellent reply, but one thing
> caught my eye:
>
> On 30.06.2009 00:08, Greg Chambers wrote:
>> My main concern is that the documentation is VERY specific.
>
> That sounds odd to me.  Most of the time people complain that there is
> no documentation or that it's inaccurate.  Apparently you got
> documentation leaving no questions and are concerned.  This is the best
> that could happen to you in this situation.  Why are you concerned?
>
> Kind regards
>
>   robert
>

> PS: One additional heads up: when encoding and decoding numbers pay
> special attention to byte ordering (big endian, little endian).

Well my concern was since this was specific documentation intended for
C++ programs, I was worried about how Ruby would attempt to handle this
under the hood.  I mean, I would not even worry if the client program
was also a Ruby program because I could be sure that one Ruby program
would know what another Ruby program is saying, but I couldn't be sure
that some proprietary C++ program would know what a Ruby program was
trying to say.  Mostly I was worried about compatibility of data between
programs.  That is why I was worried about how specific the
documentation was.  Otherwise it is greatly appreciated.

Also, for a quick switch in topic, thanks you guys for your help.  You
are really helping an intern out.