Hi --

On Tue, 30 Jun 2009, Rob Biedenharn wrote:

> Since its related to 'rescue', I'll point out that you can also use 'else' to
> indicate code that only gets executed if none of the rescue clauses are
> (i.e., there is no exception). This is, of course, not like 'ensure' with is
> executed regardless.
>
> This point should be added to 'else' even if it refers to the rescue and/or
> ensure docs (which don't mention this use of 'else' either).

Very timely reminder -- I'm now going to go back and revise an answer
I gave someone here a couple of hours ago :-) (And I'll add it to the
document too.)

David

Now available: The Well-Grounded Rubyist (http://manning.com/black2)
"Ruby 1.9: What You Need To Know" Envycasts with David A. Black
http://www.envycasts.com