Hi

I have an array full_array[] of an arbitrary number of transaction objects.
within the transaction is a Date member..

 From the array I have created a new array years[].uniq! based on the
Date.year members

what id like to do is take the new arrays members and use them as names
for variables..

Say the array holds members for 2007, 2008, 2009
i`d like to iterate through the full_array and map all members from 2008
in an array.

my options are creating an array based on years.length where each member
holds all transactions from a specific year.

or iterate through the members of years and create an array based on the
value or index of years..

I can`t seem to think of the logic to accomplish this..

Any ideas?

Eelco