On Saturday 16 February 2002 01:11 pm, you wrote:
<snip>
> After going through all this, you might want to extend the Hash class
> and override hash() with these calls:
>
> class HashWhichYouCanReliablyUseAsKeyInAHash < Hash
>         def hash
>                 return sort.to_s
>         end
> end
>
> And create your hash indexes by creating new instances of the new class.

Thanks, Thomas.
I was aware that the hashes for equal-content hashes were different, I just
thought that it was wrong for that to be true.  Your last option, above, is
what I'll try.  I was afraid to override the hash method, not knowing why it
used the ID.
--
Quantum Mechanics: The dreams stuff is made of