On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 3:05 PM, James Gray<james / grayproductions.net> wrote:
> On Jun 24, 2009, at 7:58 AM, Robert Dober wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 2:53 PM, James Gray<james / grayproductions.net>
>> wrote:

>>> That's some pretty unfortunate timing.
>>> programming contests is also this weekend:
>>>
>>>  𺯯
>>>
>>> James Edward Gray II
>>
>> It is also a post that shows the mail filter problem for [Ann] posts ;)
>
> It did seem like an "announcement" to me.       > means.
>
> Even still, I suspect you would see substantially more misses if another
> mailing list was involved.

Yes I feel that an ann list *might* be a good idea, but
No I have absolutely no intention to tell anybody not to vote against it.

I just wanted to point out that the Label, Filter, Client Rules thingy
is not an alternative.
The day when a large majority feels that Ann is too much noise,
filters will just not do the trick.

Actually I should think that you know that from first hand, as the
gatekeeper. And we should also listen to you for that reason, an ann
list might be much work for you, correct?

Seems difficult to distinguish this, sorry if I was not clear.

And apologies for hijacking the thread.

Cheers
Robert

--
Toutes les grandes personnes ont dbord des enfants, mais peu
dntre elles sn souviennent.

All adults have been children first, but not many remember.

[Antoine de Saint-Exupy]