* David Herren (david / idiomatrix.com) wrote:

> flamebate...

Yay, let's see how off topic we can get ;)

> Inferior like there are no mainstream office productivity apps for it

Funny, I have Office XP right here.. isn't that mainstream enough?   Not
that I actually use it, Vim is where I do pretty much all my productive
work.

Hey, how about adding an Emacs/Vim flamewar to this thread? ;)

Wow, browsers, OS's and editors in one thread, maybe we can squeeze
shells (zsh > bash), window managers (WindowMaker > Enlightenment) and
languages (Ruby > Perl) in too? :)

> and you're constantly having to recompile the kernal,

I never had to recompile anything.  The fact that I choose to every time
I reboot (not very often :) is irrelevent.

> or inferior like totally proprietary and filled with security issues?

The stable, secure, audited and open OS sits on the cable modem and
protects said insecure OS which runs every application and game in the
Universe ;)

No, inferior in that it doesn't work on any of my hardware.  Although
having said that, I do keep hearing things about PPC/Mac emulators,
maybe in the dim and distant future I'll even come across one.

Anyway, we now return you to our regularly scheduled programming...
probably.

--
Thomas 'Freaky' Hurst  -  freaky / aagh.net  -  http://www.aagh.net/
-