On Jun 24, 2009, at 02:06 , Trans wrote:

> We are seeing a lot or release announcements among the regular posts
> these days, taking up a larger and larger percentage of total posts.
> Perhaps if we have a separate list for them then:

Not counting my latest flood of releases, there are 40 announcements
out of 480 email over the last week or roughly 8.33%. If you do count
my flood, then it is 72 out of 529 or roughly 13.6%. Either way I
hardly think that constitutes the need for another list. seattle.rb,
ruby-core, ruby-talk, rubygems-developers, and UW-ruby... I don't need
any more ruby based mailing lists. Really, and this is coming from the
person who beat you to the punch by SEVEN years [1].

> 1) ruby-talk itself would improve

it would?

> 2) we'd all know were to look to see what's new without having to
> sift

see that "@gmail.com" part of your email address? I hear they're
pretty good at this sort of thing. Even my lowly mac mail app seems to
do a damn good job of it.

> 3) other people besides Ryan Davis would announce their projects ;-)

they would?

speculate much?

1) http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/51569
and http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/51818