On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 2:36 PM, Trans<transfire / gmail.com> wrote:
> We are seeing a lot or release announcements among the regular posts
> these days, taking up a larger and larger percentage of total posts.
> Perhaps if we have a separate list for them then:
>
> 1) ruby-talk itself would improve

How?

> 2) we'd all know were to look to see what's new without having to
> sift

Again How? Many folks use filtered feed of ruby-talk that just caters
to announcements (rather than subscribing to mailing list).
Announcements are very important part of ruby-talk, moving
announcements to a different list serves little purpose.

> 3) other people besides Ryan Davis would announce their projects ;-)

Announce away! And may be we should send some ninjas to take away
zenspider's keyboard!