I've encountered a bit of a dilemma.  I need to have a GUI application with
background threads handling communications (tcp, etc).  With the GUI
toolkits I have seen you set them up (build windows/widgets) then you enter
a message loop, and it locks the whole Ruby process (all other Ruby threads
are "starved").  I know Lyle has something that lets this work on Fox (kind
of...1.7 issues) but I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with
allowing this GUI message loop to NOT lock up Ruby threads?  Are there any
general strategies we could use to enable this across all of the GUI
toolkits?

-Rich