* Tobias Reif (tobiasreif / pinkjuice.com) wrote:

> Avi Bryant wrote:
>
> > and the response time in NS4.7 is so much better than
> > mozilla/konq/etc that I gladly live with the DHTML wonkiness.

Funny, whenever I used Netscape I was bowled over by how mindnumbingly
slow it was.  I guess having a table renderer with expenential layout
cost for nesting doesn't help.

Mozilla is rather too slow for me though; a 10-15 second startup time is
too long for any app, especially a browser I'm going to be
opening/closing a lot.

Tried Skipstone?   Supposed to be a good GTK based browser based around
Gecko.

> it doesn't even support CSS to any useful degree.

The most useful part of it's CSS support is the ability to turn it off.
It's just rather unfortunate it's enabled by default, because it usually
makes a complete mess of even the simplest CSS 1 :(

--
Thomas 'Freaky' Hurst  -  freaky / aagh.net  -  http://www.aagh.net/
-