TAKAHASHI Masayoshi wrote:
> msergeant / star.net.uk (Matt Sergeant) wrote:
>> > In addition, creating objects need cost. Yes, this cost is
>> > not so expensive, and Ruby usually pays many many cost :-)
>>
>> Well I guess I'd like to see this benchmarked.
>
> I made rough test XML::SAX2 with REXML and XMLParser.
> Creating object API version seems to be about 10% slower than
> not-creating object (java-like) API version.
>
> It's too slow? or it's reasonable cost to make API simple and clean?

I didn't do this in REXML because I didn't see the benefit of encapsulating
the data in this case.  The objects have no behavior, and I didn't see that
it led to a more clean or simple API.

--
 |..  "Never judge a man till you have walked a mile in his shoes, 'cuz by
<|>    then, he's a mile away, you've got his shoes, and you can say
/|\    whatever the hell you want to."
/|    --- Jack Handy