I have been working my way through a ruby book (Beginning Ruby) and I
want to extend on an interesting capability dealing with hashes.

the code:
text=''
line_count=0
File.open("txt.txt").each do |line|
line_count +=1
text <<  line
end

puts "#{line_count} lines"

total_charachters=text.length
puts "#{total_charachters} charachters"
sentence_count=text.split(/\.|\?|!/).length
total_characters_no_spaces=text.gsub(/\s+/,"").length
puts "#{total_characters_no_spaces} without spaces"
word_count=text.split.length
puts "#{word_count} words in the text and #{sentence_count} sentences"
paragraph_count= text.split(/\n\n/).length
puts "#{paragraph_count} paragraphs"
puts "#{sentence_count/paragraph_count} sentences per paragraph on
avarage"
puts "#{word_count/sentence_count} words per sentence"
stop_words= %w{a the by on for of are with just but and to the my  has
some in}
words=text.scan(/\w+/)
keywords=words.select{|word| !stop_words.include?(word)}
puts "#{((keywords.length.to_f/words.length.to_f)*100).to_i}% non stop
words"

this has been a fun code, and I have been running various text files
through it.

What I want to know is, is it possible to create a has where the key is
the word, and the value is the number of occurrences of the word in the
text, and then sort the hash by the values?