Dear Jayanth and others
Thank you for your time.

In simpler terms, I am looking to implement a functionality where the
user of my application would upload a ODT document. My application has
to read the ODT document and write the fields in to some database. I
guess i need a gem which helps me to read the odt document here, writing
it into database is not a problem.

On the other hand, If there is no gem to read the ODT file, then i am
looking for a gem which can help me convert the ODT file in to xml file.
I am comfortable parsing the xml file and go further.

1. Is there a gem which helps me to read ODT file? Similarly is there
any gem available in linux (platform independent) to read MS doc file. I
am expecting my user to upload his document files from any OS and my
server to be running in any platform. I guess i am clear.

2. Is there any gem which can convert the ODT files in to xml file?

Thank you once again for your kind help.

Best Regards
Anandh