Stefan Rusterholz wrote:
> Julien Palmas wrote:
>> Thx for your answer Joel, but I've tried with and without the line with
>> no success ...
>
> I had the same problem. IRB uses (for whatever obscure reason)
> finalizers to do the saving. Now finalizers are not guaranteed to be
> run. And that's exactly what happens.
> I wrote a fix for my save-history.rb, but I'm not sure how clean it is.
> Anyway, for now it solves my problem and I'll share it with you. Hope it
> helps you too:
>
> http://pastie.org/513500
>
> I put it into /opt/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/irb/ext/save-history.rb,
> you may have to change the /opt/local/lib part to where your ruby's lib
> path is.
>
> Regards
> Stefan Rusterholz

Hi Stefan,

Looks like this is a know bug, and you can find the ticket here

The ticket was opened on June 2nd, but the bug appeared in the repo at
1.8.7-p83 (unreleased version), which is 5 month old. Hope it will be
fixed in the next release.

In the mean time, you can easily fix it yourself with the simple 2 lines
patch detailed at the end of the ticket.

Regards
Julien