require 'Qt4'
class MainWindow < Qt::MainWindow
  def initialize
    super
    self.window_title = 'Hello QtRuby v1.0'
    resize(200, 100)

    button = Qt::PushButton.new('Quit') do
      connect(SIGNAL :clicked) { Qt::Application.instance.quit }
    end

    label = Qt::Label.new(tr '<big>Hello Qt in the Ruby way!</big>')

    layout1 = Qt::VBoxLayout.new do
      add_widget(label, 0, Qt::AlignCenter)
      add_widget(button, 0, Qt::AlignRight)
    end
    central_widget = layout1

    #create_menubar
    @statusbar = Qt::StatusBar.new(self)
    @statusbar.setObjectName('statusbar')
    set_status_bar(@statusbar)
    @statusbar.show_message tr("Some text");
if $0 == __FILE__
  a = Qt::Application.new(ARGV)
  w = MainWindow.new
  w.show
  a.exec
end

I am learning qt4 with ruby and have got to a problem that is driving me
crazy. Acording to what I was able to find on Internet

    central_widget = layout1

should paint a label and a box in the window. But it doesn't. It doesn't
show anything.

Original c++ documentation points to setCentralWidget( layout1 ) method
but it doesn't exist in ruby Qt4.

It looks like that Qt with ruby is not used a lot. Can anybody confirm
should this work at all or is it a bug.

by
TheR