Charles Calvert wrote:
> I've noticed an increase in spam from one or a few sources in
> technical groups on Usenet recently.  After enough complaints, the
> perpetrator should be shut down and go away.  Then another will
> surface. <sigh>

One of the nice properties of NNTP (and one of the many things that
makes Usenet infinitely more useful than E-Mail for discussion groups)
is that you can delete articles. IOW: as long as you are not the first
person to download that article, you shouldn't actually see it.

However, I must admit that I never do this myself on comp.lang.ruby,
because I am simply not sure what the correct rules are in the US
Usenet. (I'm sort of familiar with the German language Usenet, i.e.
the de.!alt hierarchy, but the rules are very different there.)

jwm