Hi,

In message "[ruby-talk:03338] PID of child processes"
    on 00/06/12, Andrew Hunt <Andy / Toolshed.Com> writes:

|What I'd really like is the pid and the exit status -- but the only
|place I can obtain exit status is the global $?; if I spawn a bunch of
|child processes and they all exit at roughly the same time, I can't
|associate which child exited with which status.

Oops, there's no way but $? to retrieve wait status.  We had better
provide the alternative way, like other magic vairables.  Any idea?

Using $?,

  trap("CHLD"){Process.wait; ..using $? ..}

should work fine.  In addition, this variable is thread independent.

							matz.