Hi,

I am attempting to build Ruby 1.6.6 on an HP-UX box and
having problems with the extensions.

I have commented out (put a # in position 1 of the file)
all options except for 'Socket' -- I don't want or need
anything else.

When I do a 'make', miniruby gets built and then the build
process starts to merrily build all of the extensions,
failing on dbm.

         [bang1] ruby-1.6.6 > make
         compiling Win32API
         compiling curses
         compiling dbm
                 ld -b  -E -L/home/probertm/src/ruby-1.6.6  -o dbm.sl
dbm.o  -ldb -lc
         ld: Can't find library for -ldb
         *** Error exit code 1

         Stop.

It appears that make kicks off miniruby to build the extensions
(using extmk.rb, I guess), which seems to be ignoring the settings
in the Setup file.

Can anyone clarify this for me?  Am I missing something
obvious?

TIA,

-mark.