Roger Pack wrote:
>> Tired of futzing around with require statements everywhere, littering
>> your
>> code with require File.dirname(__FILE__) crap? What if you could just
>> point
>> something at a big directory full of code and have everything just
>> automagically load regardless of the dependency structure?
>
> Wow I really like this idea.

Hm, what about

module Foo
   class HonkinBigResource
   end

   RESOURCE_LIST << HonkinBigResource.new
     # defer until RESOURCE_LIST defined, if necessary

   class Bar < Base
     # Base may be undefined, so defer loading of this file

This could result in wasted time recreating a resource, duplicates on
the list, etc.

Sure, it's possible to program defensively to avoid the above, but I'd
rather set up a proper dependency structure with explicit requires.

Also, all uses of defined?(SomeClass) will have more or less random
results, won't they?

OTOH, maybe this is like static vs. dynamic typing, and I'm just too old
school to get it ;)