Mark Thomas wrote:
> On May 1, 10:37?am, James Gray <ja... / grayproductions.net> wrote:
>>
>> > That's what I get for reading too quickly to get the entire context.
>> > }
>>
>> That's not a general solution.
>
> True, but I am assuming the poster wants a quick and dirty solution
> since he has "a file" that has the problem with the HYPERLINK()
> function.
>
>>?What if I had a field like this?
>>
>> ? ?"some junk here =HYPERLINK(""?"", ""?"")"
>
> If he had the above, he wouldn't need a fix because it is already
> properly formatted. What my gsub does is double the quotes within the
> hyperlink function (inside the parens only). It works for the OP's
> stated case. It may be all that's needed.
>
> -- Mark.

Sorry it took me so long to get back to this, but some things cannot be
helped.

Mark and James,
I used both of your ideas and since the quotes and commas are
constant/consistent, basically I put the data into the .csv properly
formed. I actually gather the data over time and put it into a file.
Then I wrote a subsitution for that cell as it is inserted into the
spreadsheet. So, I basically worked around the FCSV issue, or maybe its
my issue trying to put malformed data into a .csv file? If you all want
I can try to put the code up here. Thanks again for the time and ideas.
Phil