On Jun 9, 5:09=A0pm, "zimbatm ..." <zimb... / oree.ch> wrote:

> What I want, is a tool I can use right now, which doesn't require to
> change the language.
> Maybe this project can also be a tool to promote alternative and better
> solutions in the longer term. What do you think ? Send me your critical
> comments, I like it :)

Perhaps so.

I'm not sure it is worth anything at all but I did have a notion for
this kind of thing the other day. Let's say I want to "monkey patch"
String for my application called FooApp.

  class String
    def to_blog
      "<blog>"

Would it behoove us if I laid a claim to it?

  module FooApp
    claim String, :to_blog
  end

Then if someone came along and tried to redefine it, the system could
say "Hey you! FooApp has claimed String#to_blog."

Seems like that approach would offer a "lighter-touch" alternative,
rather then having to use a different module system, ie. the
MonkeyPatch class.

Not sure about implementation though.

T.