On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 4:10 PM, Aaron Patterson
<aaron / tenderlovemaking.com>wrote:

> I have no idea how this happened, but I'm sure that someone pulling out a
> Beretta was involved.  Anyway, here it is:
>
> rkelly version 1.0.1 has been released!
>
> * <http://rkelly.rubyforge.org/>
>
> The RKelly library will parse JavaScript and return a parse tree.

Hey, this is an awesome library, but there's one thing I should point out
about your description on Rubyforge:

This library will parse Javascript and turn it into Ruby. The ruby generated
> should be functionally equivalent to the Javascript.

At the time I was looking for a JavaScript-to-JavaScript compiler to do some
code futzing.  When I found RKelly, I was like "hey great, a Racc grammar
for JavaScript!"  However I was too lazy to check the README and started
trying to pull the grammar/parser into my project first before discovering
that it was a fully fledged JavaScript-to-JavaScript compiler.

You might want to note that it also outputs JavaScript on the Rubyforge
description.

--
Tony Arcieri
medioh.com