On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 9:10 AM, Charles Calvert<cbciv / yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 7 Jun 2009 12:05:05 -0500, Aaron Turner <synfinatic / gmail.com>
> wrote in
> <1ca1c1410906071004v7acb4e42xe9d088d349c5457c / mail.gmail.com>:
>
> [re: requiring comp.lang.ruby users to register with ruby-talk list to
> have their posts gatewayed to the list.     > barrier, Frank Senault said it was a big one ...]
>
> [snip]
>
>>Simply put, if you don't find my proposed solution workable, then
>>please provide a better one which has the impact of stopping the spam
>>(keeping the headers while nice, won't accomplish that).
>
> Aaron, how much spam are you seeing?  §   > on my news server.        > gateway propagates a lot of spam, maybe we could find a cleaner
> newsfeed instead.

As I said, not enough spam to get me to unsubscribe.  Used to be about
1 a day, now it seems to be like 3-5.  Am I making a bigger deal out
of this then it probably warrants at this time?  Probably.  Like many,
I just have a very low threshold for spam nowadays and I'm concerned
that the trend seems to be moving in the wrong direction.

--
Aaron Turner
http://synfin.net/