I am feeling constricted and frustrated!

I have had I believe a very good sniff on google trying to find some
help with my problem (namely using SQLite).

got and printed off the FAQ from
sqlite-ruby.rubyforge.org/sqlite3/faq.html and it gives me enough to
hang myself with!

this is the code i have that directly relates to sqlite.

    db.execute("select * from customers where '#{@cust_no}'") do |row|
      debug row
    end

Now the debug is a shoes call to put output to it's debug window so this
could easily be changed to a puts for ruby.

all i am wanting to do is to enter a customer number and have the data
printed to the screen (or to the debug screen within shoes to help me
prove i can do it).

the error i get is /usr/local/lib/shoes/ruby/lib/sqlite3/errors.rb line
62
library routine called out of sequence.

Now the code I'm trying to copy is this...

db = SQLite3::database.new("test.db")
db.execute("select * from test") do |row|
...    <I've just put the debug row in here!!!>
end

now i'm only shown you the db.execute part as i think we can safely
assume that the database is open and my db variable is a valid handle or
i get more errors talking about the that database isn't open or some
such messages.

Soooooo what am i doing wrong?

also what is the correct way to do things with sqlite - 1 table per
database file or can you have multiple tables within 1 database file?

e.g.

Customer.db has X tables all relating to one another just like you might
have with postgesql or mysql?

anyone point me to some more ruby & sqlite3 sample code?

currently i have 3 files each with 1 table in them and will be wanting
to extract data from them depending on the customer number being viewed.

so ...

Customer number is a UNIQUE numeric value to the customer and it has a
field in jobs table that has that customers number in it.
Jobs has a UNIQUE field called job_nos and the 3rd table parts has a
field for the job_nos that's held in the job table.

cheers,

dave