Le 7 juin 2009 04:31, James Gray a ņÄrit :

> On Jun 6, 2009, at 8:35 PM, Eric Hodel wrote:

>> Leaving the NNTP Received headers in will help us trace spam to its
>> origin.

Heh.  I answered to that in a previous message... which wasn't accepted
by the mailing-list software and correctly propagated...

So, I said that there's a path header instead, and a bunch of relevant
headers, notably for the web-news gateways (i.e. google groups) ; here's
a sample of the headers usenet-side for one of the last spams :

(I'll try pastie instead of pasting the raw headers...)

http://www.pastie.org/503343

I just broke down the long headers ; the path is always on one (longāŠ
line.

> Fred, do you happen to know if I could legally do that?  Are they
> speced the same?  I will look when I have a less crazy day, but was
> just curious if you would know.

The question is moot : you don't have the same headers on one side or
the other, meaning you could put the path in the mail messages and the
received's in the usenet messages (which wouldn't be the worse idea,
IMHO).

> I wonder why they felt the need to fake them with the original gateway?

> James Edward Gray II

Fred
--
Science fails to recognize the single most
Potent element of human existence