On Jun 6, 2009, at 4:25 PM, Michael Bruschkewitz wrote:

> "James Gray" <james / grayproductions.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:8CE8FEE5-CFC1-46D9-AB0C-3D4167508A59 / grayproductions.net
>> On Jun 5, 2009, at 7:21 PM, Joshua Collins wrote:
>>
>>> Yes, there is a bit of spam getting through, but it is not enough to
>>> annoy me. I just hit 'report spam' in my Gmail account and I do not
>>> get any more mail from that user.
>>
>> Please never do this!
>
> What will happen if some mad person reads this and tries to spoil
> the list?

The gateway will be shut down.  If my host shuts it down, that's
that.  There's nothing I can do.  I pleaded our case to get it this far.

I'm not worried about this though.  I believe we can discuss this
reasonably as we are now.

> My suggestion:
> Mark spams by replies from some responsible persons which add
> [SPAMTHREAD] in topic.
> Most newsreaders should be able to hide a thread marked this way.

I think we need to find a solution that doesn't involve adding to the
noise level.

James Edward Gray II