"Just Another Victim of the Ambient Morality" <ihatespam / hotmail.com> wrote
in message news:mwsWl.62105$fo6.48200 / en-nntp-09.dc1.easynews.com...
>    Before someone comes in and says "this has been covered before," I know
> people _think_ that it has been covered before but that isn't helping me
> now.  People have been saying that all you have to do is use the previous
> version like so:
>
> gem install sqlite3-ruby -v=1.2.3
>
>    ...however, this isn't working for me.  The error I get... is exactly
> the same error you would get if you didn't bother specifying a version
> number.  It looks like this is not the right syntax since it tries to
> install 1.2.4.  However, I can't for the life of me figure out what the
> correct syntax for this command is 'cause every combination I've tried
> does exactly the same thing!
>    So, how do I install this crazy thing on Windows, no really?!
>    Thank you...

    I figured it out!
    I coincidentally had an sqlite3-ruby-1.2.4.gem file in the working
directory so gem must have been loading it regardless of what version I
specified.  Interesting...