On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 11:23 PM, Bill Kelly<billk / cts.com> wrote:

> From: "Aaron Turner" <synfinatic / gmail.com>
>>
>> Personally, I'm about -> <- close to just sending all email from the
>> gateway into my trash folder.
>> (about 25) which allows non-members to post without any authentication
>> or moderator approval. The result is I get much more spam via
>> ruby-talk then all my other lists combined.
>
> Hmm.
>
> This is starting to sound partly like a gmail problem.

I'm not sure I follow.  How is it gmail's fault that it is possible
for spammers to use the ruby-talk list?  I just looked through the
first 500 messages in my spam folder and there wasn't a single spam
from any other list.  All the other lists who don't want to require
people to subscribe before posting force their posts to go through a
moderator queue.

What does suck about gmail is I can't match against arbitrary headers.

I see in the headers that we're using SpamAssassin... maybe the
solution is to review it's configuration and make sure it's properly
learning?

--
Aaron Turner
http://synfin.net/