On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 3:13 PM, Eric Hodel<drbrain / segment7.net> wrote:
> On Jun 5, 2009, at 14:42, James Gray wrote:
>>
>> On Jun 5, 2009, at 4:30 PM, Eric Hodel wrote:
>>>
>>> It seems the gateway is passing a lot more spam these days.
>>
>> Yeah, I'm leery to do any detection because I suspect it would become a
>> maintenance nightmare as posters ask, why was my message blocked?  ¨Βο¬χε
>> want to go that route, we probably need to pass it to a maintainer with more
>> time to watch over it first.
>>
>> If we all agree it's become more of a hinderance than it's worth, I can
>> certainly shut it down.
>
> For the record, I wasn't even considering suggesting this.

Well I'll be the bad guy then.  I'd totally suggest that.

Personally, I'm about -> <- close to just sending all email from the
gateway into my trash folder.  This is the only list I subscribe to
(about 25) which allows non-members to post without any authentication
or moderator approval.   The result is I get much more spam via
ruby-talk then all my other lists combined.

--
Aaron Turner
http://synfin.net/