On Jun 5, 2009, at 4:30 PM, Eric Hodel wrote:

> It seems the gateway is passing a lot more spam these days.

Yeah, I'm leery to do any detection because I suspect it would become
a maintenance nightmare as posters ask, why was my message blocked?
So, if we want to go that route, we probably need to pass it to a
maintainer with more time to watch over it first.

If we all agree it's become more of a hinderance than it's worth, I
can certainly shut it down.

I'm also open to other options.

> Looking at my mail headers I see:

>>    comp.lang.ruby.  This service provided as a courtesy
>>    to the ruby-talk mailing list.  If this message is SPAM, its
>>    ultimate origin is Usenet, not this gateway program.  All
>>    subscribers to the ruby-talk mailing list agree to receive the
>>    Usenet postings made to comp.lang.ruby via this gateway.  Please
>>    see http://www.ruby-lang.org/ruby-talk-usenet-policy.html.
>
> That URL is 404.

Yeah, that notice has been there since the dawn of time.  The link has
never worked on my watch.  I've just never touched it due to not
knowing the history of it or what is suppose to be there.

James Edward Gray II